cycle accident injury

If you have been involved in a transport related accident, whether in a motor vehicle, on public transport, riding a cycle or even as a pedestrian, you should be able to claim for damages for loss of wages, pain and suffering, medical treatment and many other expenses arising as a consequence of your injury.

The claim is lodged with the Transport Accident Commission (TAC) who provide an insurance scheme for injured parties.

The TAC is a Victorian Government-owned organisation whose main objective is to pay for treatment and damages to people injured in transport accidents. The TAC obtains its funding from payments made by Victorians when they register their vehicles with VicRoads. The TAC is a “no-fault” system, meaning that it will pay the medical and some other expenses of all people injured in transport accidents, even if the accident was that person’s fault.

It is extremely important to use a Personal Injury Lawyer when dealing with the TAC. Whilst their case managers may appear friendly and cooperative, they are employed to minimise your claim as much as possible. We will guide you through the process and ensure that your benefits are maximised.

If your injury wasn’t your fault and is serious, you can still however make a common law claim for damages for pain and suffering, loss of income and other costs.

Don’t delay, contact us today to discuss your case.

Time Restrictions

When making a personal injury claim, it is important to understand that varying time constraints exist for varying types of injuries or accidents. It is possible in some cases to achieve extensions depending upon your case, however it cannot be overstated that you should act as quickly as you can. We can help you at Abbey Injury Law to deal with your claim as smoothly as possible.

No Obligation, No Win, No Fee

Abbey Injury Law operates under a ‘no win, no-fee’ basis in almost all cases. Contact us to arrange a no-obligation consultation so we can determine the weight of your claim and fight on your behalf.