TAC Claims in Victoria

If you are involved and injured in a motor vehicle accident in Victoria, the first thing you need to do after informing the police and seeking immediate medical attention, is to lodge a claim with the TAC in Victoria. The process can be daunting and take some considerable time. In order to ensure that your claim is expedited and you receive fair compensation, it’s a good idea to engage an expert personal injury lawyer with years of experience to guide you through the maze of TAC bureaucracy. Abbey Law and David Kemp operate on a no win no fee basis and fight for a fair outcome for you.

If you consider the TAC as an Insurance company then you will understand why it’s important to have a seasoned professional heading your TAC claim in Victoria.

TAC claims victoria

How can the TAC Help You with Your Claim?

The TAC has been designed to provide a wide range of benefits, resources and treatments for your injuries which may be required as a consequence of your accident. Some of these are listed below and taken directly from the TAC website. This article is written purely to provide you with the basics. Your personal injury lawyer will be able to provide full detail and any caveats or restrictions that might apply.

  • Ambulance services – The TAC can pay for transport from the accident scene to hospital and, where required, from one hospital to another.
  • Hospital services – The TAC pays for treatment at a public, private or rehabilitation hospital.
  • Nursing services – For example, the TAC pays if you need home visits after you are discharged from hospital.
  • Medical services – For example, visits to your family doctor and specialist doctor. (subject to an excess)
  • X-rays – The TAC pays for medical imaging required to diagnose your injuries, such as x-ray, CT/CAT scans, MRI and ultrasound. (subject to an excess)
  • Medication – The TAC pays for medicine prescribed by your doctor and provided by a pharmacist. (subject to an excess)
  • Equipment – The TAC pays for the hire or purchase of equipment that your health professional recommends for your accident injury, such as crutches. (subject to an excess)
  • Dental services – If your teeth were damaged in the accident, the TAC pays for you to have them restored. (subject to an excess)
  • Medical aids – The TAC pays for the repair or replacement of certain aids damaged in your accident like glasses, hearing aids, mobility aids or dentures. (subject to an excess)
  • Rehabilitation services –  The TAC pays for the rehabilitation services that you need due to your accident. For example, working with an occupational therapist on a return to work program.
  • Therapy services – For example, physiotherapy, chiropractic, podiatry, optometry, osteopathy and psychology. (subject to an excess)
  • Household support services – This includes services like housekeeping and gardening, while you recover from your injuries.
  • Travel – The TAC can reimburse you for the cost of travelling to and from medical and other appointments that you have to attend as a result of your accident injuries. This includes paying for public transport, the use of your personal car and, in special cases, taxi costs. The TAC may also be able to provide travel support for parents of injured children or for the partner or child of an injured person.